Grab 2 or 3 ingredients from your fridge, then fold up in a wonton wrap. Bake just 10 minutes. Snack happily and healthfully. It’s Healthy Kitchen Hacks Wednesday – the day we share our favorite time-saving kitchen tricks and cooking shortcuts to help you make healthy and delicious meals. You can see all our Healthy Kitchen […]
It’s Healthy Kitchen Hacks Wednesday – the day we share our favorite time-saving kitchen tricks and cooking shortcuts to help you make healthy and delicious meals.
Now…onto today’s featured Healthy Kitchen Hack:
Use Wonton Wrappers to Make Quick Snacks
In my favorite community cookbook (from the 1990’s), I stumbled across an old recipe for Pizza Poppers made with wonton wrappers. The recipe was a super simple concept of folding cheesy pizza ingredients into a wonton wrapper and baking for 10 minutes. Genius!
To make these Wonton Wrapper Snacks simpler for you, I suggest grabbing any two or three ingredients in your fridge, folding, baking….and then do some seriously healthy snacking. These Wonton Wrapper Snacks would be perfect for afternoon snacks, appetizers, tailgating or party snacks.
[bctt tweet=”Snack happily anytime: How to Use Wonton Wrappers to Make Quick Snacks #HealthyKitchenHacks via @TspCurry” via=”no”]
Here are my tips for successful wonton wrapper snacks:
- Use 2-3 ingredients in your fridge. You could use more, but I like to keep it simple.
- Place 2 teaspoons of filling on each wrapper. Fold into a triangle and seal. (No need to make fancy folds, unless you want to.)
- Do not overbake. Bake just 10 minutes, then the wonton snacks will be just right: crispy on the outside, warm and soft on the inside. If baked longer and they will be too crunchy.
My kids were the inspiration for most of these combos – they LOVED them.
- Broccoli + cheese (above)
- Ground meat + refried beans+ peppers (below)
- Ricotta + tomato paste + basil (below)
What’s your favorite time to snack? What would you put inside a wonton wrapper?